1. Email is still a business document. Make sure it is grammatically correct, spelling error free.
2. Be brief and to the point in email.
3. Call the person or hold a meeting when you can’t get something resolved after 1 email exchange.
4. If holding a conference call acknowledge who joins, even if the beep comes in after the call started – you never know if a competitor or someone you are talking about accidentally dials in.
5. Build a rapour with someone (face to face, over many phone calls or conversations) before hitting them up with an informal communication.